Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, Phosphoric Acid / Chemical carriers, LPG / Ammonia carriers and Offshore Supply Vessels. Sailing through for nearly five decades, the SCI today has a significant presence on the global maritime map.
As the country’s premier shipping line, the SCI owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business; servicing both national and international trades.
SCI Recruitment 2020 – Online General Roster Ratings Selection & Posting criteria for SCI Main Fleet & OSV Fleet
|Organization Name||The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.|
|Post Name||Main Fleet & OSV Fleet|
|Official Website||Check Here|
SCI Recruitment – Post Wise Vacancies:
|Type of Vessel||SHM||DGR||COOK||GS|
=>=> Apply Top MNC Jobs through your Mobile Install Now
=>=> Interview Preparation Kit @ 40/- Buy Now (Aptitude, Reasoning, HR Interview & more)
SCI Recruitment – Qualification criteria:-
Candidate must have completed DG approved GP Rating course (or Saloon Rating course for saloon crew) and as per DGS rule must have completed five basic modular courses (including STSDSD course) required for Seamen from DG approved institutes.
SCI Recruitment – Age Limit Details :
1. Candidate age should not be more than 59 years (except trainee cook) on the date of selection.
2. Candidate must have sailing experience as follows:-
|Selection for type of Vessels||Minimum Tonnage
|Experience: on board|
|VLCC/LNG/LPG/FSU/FSRU||GRT > =10000||LNG/LPG/ FSRU/FSU/
|Oil Tankers (other than VLCC)||GRT> =7000||Any vessel|
|Bulk/container||GRT> =5000||Any vessel|
|Passenger/RV/Home trade||GRT> =150||Any vessel|
|OSV/MSV||GRT> =500||Any vessel|
3. Further, Ratings must be experienced as follows:
i. Must have at least six months on board rank experience for Main Fleet
ii. Must have at least Nine months on board rank experience for OSV /MSV and 1 Year on board experience for MODU. Sailing experience only on MSV/OSV/MODU will be considered for MODU vessels.
iii. Must have served on board vessels at least for six months in last three years from the date of selection except MODU. For MODU one year sailing in last 5 years is required
Qualification/Eligibility/Age for Trainee Cooks :
This section is applicable only to trainee cook and following is the eligibility criteria for the selection of Trainee Cook.
1. Trainee cook selection shall be done along with other ratings selection.
2. During training on-board, the Trainee Cook will be paid stipend of Rs.5000/ PM and will not be entitled for any other allowances except following:
a. Free boarding and lodging during on-board training.
b. Portage and Conveyance as per NMB Agreement for Seamen and will be paid only upon
completion of on-board training.
c. In case of sickness, if any, whilst on-board, treatment will be provided as per applicable
NMB agreement, but no illness wages will be paid.
3. At the time of joining vessel, trainee Cook will indemnify SCI by submitting an Indemnity Bond, with following conditions of “NO CLAIM” on SCI at any later stages:-
a. Trainee Cooks trained on SCl Vessels will have “NO Claim” on SCI whatsoever apart from
stipend, free lodging & boarding during their on-board training and Portage & Conveyance
for their employment after completion of their on-board period as trainee.
b. Trainee Cook trained on SCI vessels will have “No Claim” on SCI for their employment after completion of their on-board period as trainee.
4. Eligibility Criteria for trainee cook shall be as follows and as in order of:-
i. Having Indian CDC, Indian Passport, PAN Card, INDOS No., Adhaar Card, Yellow Fever
ii. Having senior most Indian CDC holder by virtue of Date of issuance of CDC and CDC is
not endorsed for any sailing in past.
iii. Having fulfilled the minimum education qualification as required by DG Shipping for
joining as Saloon Rating and Cookery Certificate along.
iv. Having completed DGS Approved Saloon Rating Course with five basic modular courses
(STCW-20 10) required for seaman from DG Shipping Approved institutes and should be in
possession of (a) Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (b) Personal Survival Techniques (c)
Elementary First Aid (d) Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (e) Security Training for
seafarers with Designated Security Duties. Candidate must be in possession of Oil, Chemical and Gas Tanker Familiarization Course and corresponding Dangerous Cargo Endorsements certificate as per DGS Rules.
v. Having all original certificates / documents in possession and ready for verification at the
time of selection.
vi. Having completed 18 years of age and not more than 25 years of age on the date of selection.
vii. Having Medical Fitness for sea services as per MS Medical Rules 2016 as amended (At the time of posting).
SCI Recruitment – Selection Process :
• Requirement of ratings is advertised on SCI website along with Annexure 3 (Application form), eligibility criteria and user Manual for applicants.
• Online applications are submitted by the applicants in standard format along with required uploaded documents.
• After short listing of candidates, all submitted documents are verified and if found ok then ratings are informed that the short listing is subject to fleet requirement, physical verification of original documents, medical fitness, Applicable DGS order/SOP and SCI approval.
• Depending upon vessel’s schedule and requirements on board, shortlisted candidate is asked to report to nearest SCI office for physical verification of documents & certificates and to undergo medical examination.
• Shortlisted candidate shall undergo COVID 19 test at his residence before reporting to SCI office. This is to avoid any rejection at joining port and to prevent spread of COVID infection.
• After medical examination if medically fit ratings are allotted vessels and subsequently posted on vessels subject to completion of formalities (i.e. visa, verification of documents, port formalities etc. Any false information and criminal cases against candidate leads to cancellation of selection and candidate may be debarred for future selection.
• Employment on board is purely on contract basis, and the rating does not have any lien or claim for permanency in SCI by the virtue of this contract.
SCI Recruitment – Important Dates:
|Starting Date of SCI Recruitment 2020||10th September 2020|
|Last Date of SCI Recruitment 2020||27th September 2020|
SCI Recruitment – Notification Details:
|For SCI Official Notification form||Notification|
|For SCI Application form||Click Here|